[R-sig-Geo] Which are the most suitable, elegant or efficient packages for geographical maps in R? Which did you use yourself?

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 18:06:52 CEST 2013

HI Markus,

That's... rather broad.

I'd suggest installing the Spatial taskview, reading about what's
available as part of that collection at
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html and then thinking
about what you are trying to accomplish.

Surely a more focused answer would be more useful than having everyone
list all the packages they use, as well as requiring less time from
the list members.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee