[R-sig-Geo] Error when installing rgeos

Ivailo ubuntero.9161 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 21:39:54 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM, Ferdinand Bersse <fvbersse at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to install rgeos package in a Red-Hat Linux server, but I
> receive the following error in the install report. I would appreciate any
> insights on how to solve the problem:

> ./configure: line 1385: geos-config: command not found
> no
> configure: error: geos-config not usable
> ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘rgeos’

Hi Ferdinand,

as the output says, you don't have the geos-config file on your
system. Therefore you need to install the .rpm that provides the file
before installing rgeos. I'm not on a RH machine and I'm guessing now
that the needed package might be something like geos-devel-*.rpm.
Perhaps you can use the RH package tools to locate and install the
exact package.

HTH,
Ivailo
--
UBUNTU: a person is a person through other persons.