[R-sig-Geo] rasterVis: Region colours do not match the legend colours

jbaik jon.baik at stat.ubc.ca
Thu Jul 4 20:28:18 CEST 2013

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, Oscar. Placing the different raster layers into a
stack before calling layerplot seems to have fixed the problem. I am able to
compare the plots now with the same scale.

However, I would still like to know how to manually set the region colours
and extend the range of the legend, if it is possible. I am also dealing
with a time component, so while stacking the layers forces all the layer
plots to use the same colours at the same values at, say time t=0, the range
of data may change after some time has progressed, say at time t=10.

Ultimately, the goal would be to make a gif to compare several climate model
forecasts over time, like so:

<http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/file/n7584034/testing.gif>

If the gif is viewable, notice how the legend is changing as the gif
animation plays out - I want to, if possible, have the legend fixed and the
regions coloured correctly according to the legend.

I have read the link about creating an independent legend for each raster
layer, but I think I would prefer to have just one legend.

Thanks again,

Jonathan