[R-sig-Geo] Shape file problem

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jan 30 09:24:38 CET 2013

What are the correct names? "01", "02" and so on? Or were you
expecting something else? We don't have your data so we have no idea
what the right answer is.

How did you create your shapefile? In R? You don't say.

Please show is the code you used, or a simple example that illustrates
the problem. It might be something to with R not liking column names
to be numeric. I tried a little test just now, and saving an
SpatialPointsDataFrame with numeric column names produces a warning,
and reading a shapefile with numeric column names converted the names
to "X01" and "X02".

But I'm wasting my time if this isn't your problem, and you haven't
really told us enough.