[R-sig-Geo] gstat kriging anisotropy

Dario Fiorentino dariofrn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 14:15:25 CET 2013

Thanks!
Sorry, I had that problem because of the error message:

"Error in predict.gstat(g, newdata = newdata, block = block, nsim = nsim,  :
  gstat: value not allowed for: for long/lat data, anisotropy cannot be
defined"

Now I guess this message is displayed when using decimal degree as
coordinates. Just later I understood that indeed metric coordinates are
accepted.
In fact it worked really smoothly after having converted to metres.
Somewhere I should have skipped to read that metric coordinates should be
used.

Thanks again,
Dario