[R-sig-Geo] gstat kriging anisotropy

Dario Fiorentino dariofrn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:42:34 CET 2013

Dear R-Sig-Geo,
I am a new user of this list and I am quite new both to R and spatial analysis.
Recently I got enthusiast on spatial statistics and I started to read really intensely this mailing list, all the suggestions and problems colleagues have been posting, helping me already in many occasions.
I am really thankful to all of you!

Today I really need your help because I am struggling for a problem maybe I hope it is
trivial for you. It concerns how integrate anisotropy in the kriging procedure.
I am interpolating some sediment data, and I've been performing a couple of test to check for anisotropy because I am aware that in case it is present it should be removed before applying kriging. However the gstat krige function I would like to use, doesn't allow to perform on models with anisotropies defined.
May any of you recommend any way of proceeding?
All the best,
sincerely,
Dario

--