[R-sig-Geo] kriging on transformed data

subash subbu_843 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 10 20:40:42 CET 2013

I am beginner in R.I have seen that prior to using kriging the data
distribution has to be investigated to check if they are gaussian.

The quantile-quantile plot of rainfall on a day using 50 stations data
<http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/file/n7582280/prob_plot.png>  . The
q-q plotof log tarnsformed rainfall data
<http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/file/n7582280/log_trsanformed.png>
is also attached.

I have few basic questions:

(1) How to back transform the data  after interploation?
(2) How to choose the block size in block kriging? any guidelines. I would
like to compare the kriged value against the gridded rainfall from TRMM(25
km by 25 km)?
(3) If the interpolation was performed on square root transformed data , how
is the back transformation done?

Thanks you.