[R-sig-Geo] Writing an ENVI classification file?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Jan 5 21:55:58 CET 2013

This is a continuation of thread: gdal color tables:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2013-January/017120.html

continued from:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2012-December/017071.html

Could you please try to use the results there with the ENVI driver? If you
have a small example file showing what you want to achieve, that might
help.

Roger

On Sat, 5 Jan 2013, Jonathan Greenberg wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I was wondering if there is any support for writing an ENVI classification
> file (which contains additional header info to assign the number of
> classes, the color as RGB values, and class names to each class).  Here's
> an example from the ENVI header:
>
> classes = 11
> class lookup = {
>   0,   0,   0, 255,   0,   0, 139,   0,   0, 205,   0,   0,   0,   0, 255,
>   0, 255, 255, 238, 210, 238, 255, 255,   0, 160,  32, 240,   0,   0, 139,
> 255, 165,   0}
> class names = {
> Unclassified, temperature_min, temperature_max, temperature_var,
> precipitation_mean, precipitation_var, wnd_mean, rad_mean, eto_mean,
> aet_mean, deficit_mean}
>
> Specifically I'd like to use writeRaster to do it, but I assume this is an
> issue with passing rgdal the right info...
>
> --j

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 95 43
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no