[R-sig-Geo] Fitting a STvariogram

Benedikt Gräler ben.graeler at uni-muenster.de
Tue Feb 26 09:56:09 CET 2013

Dear Alexandre,

currently, the parameter "anis" in one of the building blocks of a
spatio-temporal variogram model is not supported. The spatio-temporal
anisotropy (e.g. in a metric model) is part of the spatio-temporal
variogram model definition ("stAni"), see ?vgmST for available models
and parameter definitions.

We do not provide special plotting functions to fit the spatio-temporal
anisotropy. However, the demo(stkrige) will show levelplots for sample
and model variograms and bring up an interactive "lollipop3d"-plot
(based on the rgl package) to visually judge the overall variogram fit.

The function fit.StVariogram will minimize (using optim) all parameters
(incl. stAni where part of the model) in terms of the residuals between
sample and model variogram.

I hope this helps. Best wishes

  Ben

On 25.02.2013 11:34, alexandre.champendal at unil.ch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working with spacetime data of pollution (91 stations, 193 time).
> With the new release of gstat, i was able to compute a good sample
> variogram (thanks :-)).
You're welcome; it is always nice to see code being used.