[R-sig-Geo] GRTS-sampling

Dick Brus dick.brus at wur.nl
Mon Feb 11 09:51:25 CET 2013

I try to understand the hierarchical randomization as applied in the GRTS
design.

I randomized 16 points on a square grid, see R script below. The argument
do.sample was set to FALSE, so that the result consists of a dataframe of
all 16 points instead of a GRTS sample. When plotting the order of the
points it appears that the numbers 1-4 are not always in different
subsquares (of which there are four) , for instance points 1 and 3 are both
in the lower-right subsquare. What am I doing wrong?

<http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/file/n7582561/GRTSRandomizedFrameSquare.png>