[R-sig-Geo] spgwr (georgia)

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Feb 9 18:54:46 CET 2013

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013, Roger Bivand wrote:

> YOU ARE STILL POSTING HTML! Please do follow the rules, which are quite
> clear.

To clarify the above, this is a setting in email clients for outgoing
email:

http://www.r-project.org/mail.html#instructions

General Instructions

Note that you should configure your e-mail software in such a way as to
send only plain text, i.e., no HTML. ‘html-ified’ messages are usually
considerably longer (in bytes!) and harder to filter for spam or viruses.
Many of these (e.g. ‘html-only’ ones) are currently spam-filtered or
otherwise intercepted completely and without notice to the sender.

The link in the instructions to

http://expita.com/nomime.html

is dead, this is a copy:

http://stagecraft.theprices.net/nomime.html

Another link is:

http://ask-leo.com/whats_the_difference_between_plain_text_and_html_email.html

but has lots of adverts. This is also helpful:

http://email.about.com/od/netiquettetips/qt/When-In-Doubt-Send-Plain-Text-Email-Not-Fancy-Html.htm

Roger
(list admin.)

> The object you are interested in is res.adpt$SDF,
>
> so in R (as is easy to establish by reading the introductory manual) you can
> say:
>
> summary(res.adpt$SDF)
>
> which tells you what it is, and what is inside it. Using str() fives more
> details on the contents.
>
> You are plotting the local coefficients for the PctBlack covariate, the
> residuals are gwr.e. So:
>
> res.adpt$SDF$ols.e <- residuals(lm(PctBach ~ TotPop90 + PctRural +
>  PctEld + PctFB + PctPov + PctBlack, data=gSRDF))
> spplot(res.adpt$SDF, c("ols.e", "gwr.e"))
>
> plots both together on the same scale.
>
> Roger
>

> On Sat, 9 Feb 2013, Milan Sharma wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> #the following is gwr code for georgia data.
>> #Can somebody point out what is plotted by this code?
>> #I want to plot residual plot (gwr and ols both)?for this data.
>> library(spgwr)
>> data(georgia)
>> g.adapt.gauss <- gwr.sel(PctBach ~ TotPop90 + PctRural + PctEld + PctFB +
>> PctPov + PctBlack, data=gSRDF, adapt=TRUE)
>> res.adpt <- gwr(PctBach ~ TotPop90 + PctRural + PctEld + PctFB + PctPov +
>> PctBlack, data=gSRDF, adapt=g.adapt.gauss)
>> brks <- c(-0.25, 0, 0.01, 0.025, 0.075)
>> cols <- grey(5:2/6)
>> plot(res.adpt$SDF, col=cols[findInterval(res.adpt$SDF$PctBlack, brks,
>> all.inside=TRUE)])
>> #I want residual plot under GWR and OLS.

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 95 43
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no