[R-sig-Geo] "software for spatio-temporal statistics" session on Spatial Statistics 2013, title deadl Feb 13.

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Fri Feb 8 12:29:17 CET 2013

Dear all,

The Spatial Statistics Conference 2013 [1], held Jun 4-7 in Columbus,
Ohio, calls for session proposals [2]. Sessions can have several forms,
ranging from 3  20-minute papers to 12 5-minute short presentations.

I would like to organize a session during this conference on "software
for spatio-temporal statistics", emphasizing on:

- how we handle spatio-temporal data in data bases, how we exchange them
with R or other analytical software systems
- how we analyse spatio-temporal data in practice: visualisation options
or requirements, models, model features that need visualisation,
interaction possibilities and challenges
- how different spatio-temporal data types can be combined, and how
their dependence is analysed, e.g. addressing geostatistical, point
pattern, lattice, and trajectory data types.

I can see many other topics fit in as well.

To propose such a session, I need to list authors and titles of
contributions that will be held in this session, i.e. author who commit
to contributing. I need to receive your contribution (list of authors,
title, form & duration of presentation) before Wednesday, Feb 13, 23:59 UTC.

For those who have in mind to combine this with writing a full paper,
please consider the call for papers for a Journal of Statistical
Software special issue on Spatial Statistics [3].

[1] http://www.spatialstatisticsconference.com/
[2] http://www.spatialstatisticsconference.com/conference-sessions.html
[3] https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2013-February/017419.html
--