[R-sig-Geo] spGRASS6 issue

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 13:22:04 CET 2013

On 06/02/13 12:55, Roger Bivand wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, R.S. Bhalla wrote:
>
>> Dear List, I have run into trouble with the execGRASS command copied below and can't figure
>> out what I'm doing wrong. It runs fine without the size=11 argument (takes the default value
>> of 3). Can
>
>> storage.mode(11)
> [1] "double"
>> is.integer(11)
> [1] FALSE
>> is.integer(11L)
> [1] TRUE
>
> Just because it looks like an integer, it doesn't mean it is.

Hi Roger

this has bittan many users, including myself, as it is a little aux contraire to R, as here 11 is
acepted as integer in most circumstances.

Would it be possible to use a different check for integer e.g.

if(as.integer(x) == x) then {x <- as.integer(x)} else {ERROR}

I have the feeling that would be more in line with the treating in R of different numerical
storage modes.

Cheers,

Rainer