[R-sig-Geo] new error message from gbif

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 20:57:58 CET 2013

Agus,

I think this is the offending record:
http://data.gbif.org/ws/rest/occurrence/get/500956821
Firefox shows where the problem is (Chrome does not show anything; and
Internet Explorer is not helpful either).

There is an ETB (ASCII control code 23, "\027") character between '35'
and '28'  in the original longitude and in the latitude description
(this is thus bad in more than one way).

I suppose I could check each file for inappropriate ASCII codes before
the XML parsing (where the error occurs); but this is really something
that GBIF should clean up; so you were right in contacting them first.

Best,
Robert