[R-sig-Geo] contours in SpatialPixelsDataFrame

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 08:36:51 CET 2013

Thanks Agus Camacho,
but this is essentially what I was doing: create a raster (an image is
a raster) out of the points
and then use contour() or the more sophisticated
rasterVis::contourplot or levelplot. In this
particular case the raster can be created with no interpolation, as
the points are arranged as a grid
and the spatial resolution is already the one we had selected for the
dispersion model.
The question was if the conversion to raster could be skipped, which
is the case in the way Oscar
kindly indicated.
Agus