[R-sig-Geo] Problems with getting less than 100% home range area by CharHull{adehabitatHR}

Simon Wohlfahrt simonwohlfahrt at posteo.de
Tue Dec 10 20:48:16 CET 2013

Hello,

I want to construct home ranges by the CharHull-function in
adehabitatHR (CharHull {adehabitatHR} - Estimation of the Home Range by
Delaunay Triangulation method).

The Description says that I could "select a given percentage of the
smallest triangles (measured by their area) as the home-range
estimation".
Now I want to select an home range with an area less than 100% of the
total CharHull-Area, and finally plotting the contour or converting to a
shape-file.
But the command "getverticeshr()" doesn't result in 95 % homerange
area, it only shows a single small polygon which is a part of the outer
polygons of the total home range.

So is there any argument like the "percent= ...." - command in the
mcp()-function? The argument "percent=..." in plot() also result in
these same single polygons.

I hope, you can help me.

For your information: I have a SpatialPointsDataFrame with one animal
but more than 6000 points which I have transformed to CharHull -
Polygons, a successfully but after this the unsolved problem have begun.

Thank you!

Simon

simonwohlfahrt at posteo.de