[R-sig-Geo] contours in SpatialPixelsDataFrame

Oscar Perpiñan oscar.perpinan at upm.es
Tue Dec 10 12:04:55 CET 2013

Hi,

spplot for SpatialPixelsDataFrame is built upon lattice::levelplot.
Thus, you can use most of its arguments in spplot. For your problem
you have to set "contour=TRUE" and "region=FALSE". Moreover, you can
customize the labels with (surprise!) "labels". This is documented in
the help page of lattice::panel.levelplot:

library(sp)
data(meuse.grid)
m <- SpatialPixelsDataFrame(points = meuse.grid[c("x", "y")],
    data = meuse.grid)

spplot(m["dist"],
       contour=TRUE, region=FALSE,
       labels=list(cex=0.6))

Best,

Oscar.
Oscar Perpiñán Lamigueiro
Dpto. Ingeniería Eléctrica (ETSIDI-UPM)
Grupo de Sistemas Fotovoltaicos (IES-UPM)
Twitter: @oscarperpinan