[R-sig-Geo] mcp calculation

Lutfor rahmannorthampton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 22:04:42 CET 2013

Dear Mathieu,
Thanks for extending your kind help.
It works perfect with the example data.
However, I had difficulty when I wanted to use following data unless I
converted x, y corordinates to spatial data by the command of
SpatialPointsDataFrame. Please see commands below. I wonder is there any
other way to calculate MCP without converting SpatialPointsDataFrame.

mcpdata1<-read.csv("DataMCPKernel.csv",header=T)
attach(mcpdata1)
XY=mcpdata1[,c("x","y")]
#Convering your coordinates to spatial data
*rel2<-SpatialPointsDataFrame(XY, data=mcpdata1)*
cp2 <- mcp(rel2[,1], percent=100)
as.data.frame(cp2)
mcp.area(rel2[,1])

Stage	x	y