[R-sig-Geo] Attach metadata to raster object

Bastien Ferland-Raymond Bastien.Ferland-Raymond at mrn.gouv.qc.ca
Fri Dec 6 14:42:29 CET 2013

Hello Étienne,

I'm a little disappointed nobody replied to your question, as this is
something I'm also interested in.  The slot you are proposing to add
metadata to raster* object could also be useful to allow categorical raster,
something the raster package do not do.  I think it would be great to be
able to use integer in the rasters values and than add in the metadata slot
the key that specify the factors values (ex: 1=private land, 2=public land,
etc.).  Having all that within the same R object would be a must.

Bastien