[R-sig-Geo] Error with STFDF

Supadog zdziarze at scss.tcd.ie
Mon Aug 26 20:11:45 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm having trouble creating an STFDF object from my spacio-temporal data.
The object is intended to be used later to perform kriging interpolation.
My data looks like this (a few lines):
      x    y   t            value
1    30   30 497826   6.6
2   960   30 499430   7.4
3  1890  30 500990   59.8

And I type in the following commands:
# read in the data from csv file and specify coordinates columns
f <- read.csv('data.csv')
coordinates(f) <- ~x+y

# create SP object out of the coordinates
g <- as(f, "SpatialPoints")

# obtain time points. The timestamps are in milliseconds.
ts = f$t
options("digits.secs"=3)
time = as.POSIXct(ts/1e3, origin="1970-01-01", tz="Europe/Dublin")

# create data.frame
data = as.data.frame(f[2])

# finally create the STFDF object
obj = STFDF(g, time, data)

But I get the following error message:
Error: nrow(object at data) == length(object at sp) * nrow(object at time) is not
TRUE

What am I missing? The data is in long form so each time reading has its own
coords and data value and I don't want the equation in the error to hold.