[R-sig-Geo] krigeST in gstat

zdziarze zdziarze at scss.tcd.ie
Mon Aug 19 20:02:10 CEST 2013

Hello,

Apologies for making this request for assistance but I'm new to R let
alone the gstat package and I need help with (x,y,t) kriging
interpolation.

I've been trying to follow this vignette:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/spacetime/vignettes/jss816.pdf on
how to interpolate spacio-temporal data but all this talk about STFDF
objects  and the cryptic (to me) commands in R has me pulling my hair
out. I was wondering if anybody could give me a quick hand in
transforming my data (similarly to Section 7.3 of the vignette) to
finally extract interpolated data after calling the krigeST function.

My (abridged) data is as follows
x	y	t	value
30	30	497826	6.6
1890	30	500990	59.8
1440	270	504142	0.8
30	540	505710	9.5
1890	540	508834	-14
1440	810	512002	-6.5
1890	1050	516706	18
30	30	598238	-5.8
1890	30	601298	55.1
1440	270	604398	5.6
30	540	605946	5.3
1890	540	609022	-17.1
1440	810	612182	-19.1
1890	1050	616606	15.7

and I would like to interpolate, for example, for the following 2
points in (x, y, t):
x	y	t
240	270	555610
960	810	557186