[R-sig-Geo] Error in plotKML

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Wed Aug 7 21:57:29 CEST 2013

Apparently, because you don't have gnome-open installed on your system.
Why it wants gnome-open is a mystery.
But this is probably how it is trying to run GoogleEarth.
The equivalent command in OS X is simply 'open'

But, if you open a Finder window to your working directory [type
   getwd()
in your R session] and look for a file named
   eberg__CLYMHT_A__.kml
and double-click on it, it should open in GoogleEarth.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory