[R-sig-Geo] reading .grd files

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Apr 29 15:08:07 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Rowlingson, Barry
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> You could try GeoSoft's Oasis Montaj Viewer (free download) which
> might be able to export them to something else:
>
> http://www.geosoft.com/support/downloads/viewers/oasis-montaj-viewer?dnld=333

 Just to confirm that I've just downloaded that and converted a grid
and read it into R.

 The download is 100Mb, and it only runs on Windows.

 After some menu hunting I loaded the grid file into Montaj viewer and
converted it to a .flt file, which read into R as a single layer
raster with decimal values the same as the original raster. The option
to save as a TIFF out of Montaj Viewer resulted in an integer raster.

Barry