[R-sig-Geo] Help with ENFA in R

JonathanAronson jagaronson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 16:39:38 CEST 2013

perhaps I can clarify my question a lit bit further:

With the adehabitat package I used the function as.kasc to create a single
data frame with my 15 variables as Ive shown below:

map<- as.kasc(list(bio_01 = var1, bio_12 = var2, Aridity = var3, altitude =
var4, unpalatable = var5, thicket = var6, succulent = var7, shrubland =
var8, rainforest = var9, mosaic = var10, mopane = var11, misavanna = var12,
hydro = var13, fynbos = var14, desert = var15))

However, in the adehabitatHS, what is the equivalent function to use to
create the data frame which is equivalent to the lynxjura$map spatial pixel
data frame? There is no as.kasc function. I have used the readAsciiGrid
function in Maptools but I can only do that individually for each variable.
How then can I combine these into a single data frame? I have thought of
using the stack() function in the raster package.

I am really stuck here
Thanks to anyone who can help
Jonathan