[R-sig-Geo] Help with ENFA in R

JonathanAronson jagaronson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:59:04 CEST 2013

Hi Mathieu

Thank you again. You are really helping  me. Please forgive some of my
questions because I am very knew to R and I have to teach this to myself.

AdehabitatHS is using a different method to read the raster files. So when I
input this code: var1<- import.asc("Data/bio_01.asc") I get the following
error - Error: could not find function "import.asc". This makes sense to me
because sp classes are used. I have read both the vignettes and used the
example code for the lynx data but I am still struggling to interpret what
the vignettes are saying and to use my own data. The code map <-
lynxjura$map seems to contain all the environmental data. I am not sure how
to use the sp package to get my 15 environmental variables into a similar
dataframe. The same goes for my csv files - do I still need to use read.csv
or should I rather use something like $locs.

Thank you again
Jonathan