[R-sig-Geo] rgdal in MAc OSX with R 3.0

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Apr 9 20:52:53 CEST 2013

See:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2013-April/017934.html

for the first posting to ask about rgdal, rgeos, etc. on OSX for R 3.0.0.
The rgeos package is now available for this platform (the R offering for
OSX has changed a good deal for R 3.0.*), but rgdal is as yet not
available.

If you would like to help Simon Urbanek, I'm sure he would be grateful for
assistance, but there is no guarantee that things will "just work"; "just
working" means a small number of people doing a lot of work in their own
time. Simon has already made a major contribution, so for now, patience is
appropriate, he is aware of the issue.

Roger