[R-sig-Geo] Combining shp-Files and csv-Data

kamallauber kamallauber at gmx.de
Tue Apr 9 15:26:08 CEST 2013

Hey people,

first of all:I am Using R 2.15.3.
I have 2 shapefiles (.shp+.dfb+...) and a csv-table.
Now, one shape(1) is the border of germany and the other is a grid-like
shapefile (2) (not a grid but many little cubes (1x1km). Now I want to have
a grid-like shapefile but only in the boundaries of the first shapefile.
Both of them are spatialpolygondataframes.

The next step would then be, to get the values from the csv-table to the in
the attribute table of the shapefile. The csv has a certain column
'cellnumber' which corresponds to a column in the grid-like shapefile (2).

I know that this can easily be done with other gis software such as arcgis
but i need to do it with R.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Greets, Matthias