[R-sig-Geo] rgdal and MSSQL Server geometries

cmundy Craig.Mundy at utas.edu.au
Fri Apr 5 23:04:58 CEST 2013

Hi Shannon,

I can recreate your error message when I set an incorrect dsn. I've pasted
in your line of code to read from SQL Server. Can you replace the single
quote with double quotes and re try as is.
check your server and database name.

readOGR(dsn='MSSQL:server=CPU\\CPU_SQL2012EXP;database=Deer;uid=myUser;trusted_connection=true',
layer='CollarPoly')

>From the line provided, I gather your computer name is CPU and the SQL
server instance is called CPU_SQL2012EXP. Can you confirm these two names
and the database name are correct.

Regards

Craig