[R-sig-Geo] install rgdal, lazy loading error

Roger Simon Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Oct 22 15:56:06 CEST 2012

This is effectively impossible to replicate, as ony you have your hardware. My intuition suggests that since you cannot run ldconfig, which is reserved for root, you may need to set the path to the proj and gdal shared objects, using an LD PATH shell variable. How the worker nodes will then find the shared objects is also an issue. You could also attempt to build the rgdal binary static, by selecting appropriate settings for configure for GDAL. It can be done, but requires particular care in making sure that only drivers that can be built static are included. Please report back on your progress - also look for local help.

Hope this helps,

NHH Norwegian School of Economics
Helleveien 30, 5045 Bergen, Norway
Roger.Bivand at nhh.no