[R-sig-Geo] R: Problem in splm : bsktest CLMmu cannot find if panel is balanced

Millo Giovanni Giovanni_Millo at Generali.com
Wed Oct 17 16:11:33 CEST 2012

Dear list,
I had missed this; following personal communication from the original poster, here is my answer, with a quick way to get things done despite this small bug. Please see below.
Best,
Giovanni

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Millo Giovanni
Inviato: mercoledì 17 ottobre 2012 16.08
A: 'Patrick Meyfroidt'
Cc: Gianfranco.Piras at mail.wvu.edu
Oggetto: R: Problem in splm : bsktest CLMmu cannot find if panel is balanced

Hello. Thanks, glad to help if we can, of course.

I have reproduced the problem. Looks like in the very first row of splm:::clmmtest the 'index' argument doesn't get passed on to spfeml(). We'll fix this ASAP, eiher adding the 'index' argumentr explicitly or through '...'.

For now, a quick solution for you is to circumvent the issue providing a dataset that doesn't need the 'index' argument, i.e. simply reordering your dataset with:

- individual index in the first column
- time index in the second one

then everything should work fine (as it does on my examples).
Please let me know if it works.

Best,
Giovanni

Giovanni Millo, PhD