[R-sig-Geo] extracting values from rasters

Camilo Mora cmora at dal.ca
Sun Oct 7 08:56:36 CEST 2012

Hi:
I wonder if anyone knows a function to extract values from one raster
to another raster when the rasters differ in resolution and extent. In
other words extracting values just in overlapping cells.

This is my specific problem: I have two rasters (one is for
temperature worldwide and the other is for the presence of reefs also
worldwide (the presence of reefs have values of 1 and all other cells
as NA)). (the rasters differ in resolution and extent). I just need to
put the values of the raster of temperature to each cell in the raster
of reefs. Will you know a function that may do this?

thanks,

Camilo

Camilo Mora, Ph.D.
Department of Geography, University of Hawaii
Currently available in Colombia
Phone:   Country code: 57
          Provider code: 313
          Phone 776 2282