[R-sig-Geo] variogramST does not like STIDF

Bruin, Sytze de Sytze.deBruin at wur.nl
Fri Oct 5 14:13:16 CEST 2012

Hi Edzer,

Thanks for your answer!
After the lengthy computation of the variogram (> 65000 observations) on the data that were coerced from STIDF to STSDF, a warning was issued that fixed distances were assumed, which may indicate that I did something wrong. If so, a separate method for STIDF data would be welcome!
In the meantime, I implemented a primitive R script computing an ST variogram for data irregularly spaced in space and time, allowing different lag boundaries for space and time (which is still running).

Best,
Sytze de Bruin