[R-sig-Geo] variogramST does not like STIDF

Bruin, Sytze de Sytze.deBruin at wur.nl
Thu Oct 4 16:54:29 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I intend to compute a space-time variogram from irregularly spaced data. I created a STIDF object for that (package stacetime), but gstat's function "variogram" only seems to only accept STSDF or STFDF objects as data. The following message was generated: Error: is(data, "STFDF") || is(data, "STSDF") is not TRUE. A solution would be to first coerce the STIDF to STSDF --which is wat I am doing-- but is there a reason why variogram does not accept STIDF?

Thanks,

Sytze