[R-sig-Geo] spacetime: Spatio-Temporal Data in R

Alok K. Bohara bohara at unm.edu
Fri Nov 16 20:48:08 CET 2012

I have been informed that this Spacetime package is best suited for basic infrastructure for handling data, and not for estimating space-time spatial panel data.  I would be keeping my eyes open for its application in conjunction with other estimation packages such as splm.    There seems to be several packages to do panel estimation --space and time (but without spatial correlation).   I am interested in packages (one or more for my students that are easy to use) that can estimate spatio-temporal model (e.g., poisson panel with spatial correlation).   I have encountered Inla package as a potential solution.   I am also looking for others..

Thanks.

Best,
Alok K. Bohara
Professor