[R-sig-Geo] [plain text] Error: cannot allocate vector of size 274.7 Mb

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:20:03 CET 2012

Hi,
sorry for double posting but I saw my messages were scrubbed from html
garbage and don't know if nobody replies for that, but just in case...
apologize if not.

I am having trouble with this error when calculating a density on a
point pattern dataset with 34480 points.
My script exit when calculating

z<-density(mypattern, 3000, dimyx=3000)

The machine the script it's running on it's a debian/amd64 OS with
16Gb RAM, I have set to unlimited the memory limits (the output of
ulimit -a follows)

Any ideas?
Regards
-raffaele

------------------------
rmorelli at amb-asa1:~/R$ ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 128594
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 128594

L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata
all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti,
alla protesta violenta e viscerale. (V. Evangelisti)