[R-sig-Geo] conservative continental "reprojection" for lon-lat input?

Chris English sglish at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 20:34:58 CET 2012

Tom,

Link to advice from Tomislav Hengl
http://grokbase.com/p/r/r-sig-geo/1226xdq5sh/help-to-analisys-spatio-temporal

expresses preference for gstat but suggests Stem
might do the trick by design

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Stem/

Model accepts UTMx, UTMy or LAt/LON coords(Stem.pdf, Stem.Model(...))

Not sure that this will help, but as you can spell
Eulerian you've a better grasp of the problem contemplated.

Hope this is both relevant and helps,
Chris