[R-sig-Geo] [gstat] simple reboxing test fails

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Wed Nov 7 14:48:28 CET 2012

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2012-November/016634.html

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2012-November/016638.html
> Did you notice the predictions in var1.pred values are all 1?

Doh! no. I guess I've gotta convince myself that methods designed for
point prediction will work for grid interpolation. (I'd appreciate sound
arguments for an isomorphism--this may be obvious to geostatisticians
but I'm skeptical.) Or quit working while keeping one ear on the US
elections (at least that worked out better :-)

Onward to a more complex test ...

thanks, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>