[R-sig-Geo] raster package - zonal - standard deviations

Rafael Wüest rafael.wueest at wsl.ch
Mon Nov 5 16:35:25 CET 2012

Hi Christian

What version of raster do you use. Using my installation of raster (version 2.0-12), 'sd' as a function in zonal works fine (see example below).

r <- raster(ncols=10, nrows=10)
r[] <- runif(ncell(r)) * 1:ncell(r)
z <- r
z[] <- rep(1:5, each=20)
zonal(r, z, 'sd')
     zone      "sd"
[1,]    1  4.894058
[2,]    2  9.216353
[3,]    3 14.144341
[4,]    4 19.973913
[5,]    5 27.934773

I guess updating the raster package will solve the problem.

Best,
Rafael