[R-sig-Geo] Plotting with stplot, mode="xy"

Rawlins, Barry G. bgr at bgs.ac.uk
Mon May 28 18:34:43 CEST 2012

Hello

I am trying to plot some space-time data which encompasses 3654 time intervals (15 mins each) at 84 sites.

I would like to animate these data and so I have used the following code and my STFDF object is "sp_time":

colors.ten<-rainbow(10,start=0.0,end=0.66) # rainbow color scale
stplot(sp_time, mode="xy", animate=1, cuts=10, at=seq(5,55,5), auto.key=T,col=colors.ten)

The first plot I see is this where the points are plotted in the correct locations:

But, I wanted some bespoke rainbow colors which do not appear and I know the z-range of the data is wider than that shown - the range is actually between 6 and 44. When I run the animation the scale changes each time but I would like it to be fixed so that each time slice has the same scale. Any advice on how I can solve this? I have tried reading the help pages on levelplot but to no avail.

Thanks, Barry