[R-sig-Geo] shapefile on the wrongly placed

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Wed May 23 22:10:23 CEST 2012

May we assume you are using R to do this?

 - Read it into R using an appropriate function from an R package. (I use
readOGR from rgdal)

 - Make sure that it is assigned the correct projection.

 - Transform it to the desired projection using spTransform()

This has always worked for me.
The help page for spTransform has examples.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory