[R-sig-Geo] converting from UTM to Decimal degrees

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Thu May 17 07:15:47 CEST 2012

See functions ?project and ?spTransform in the rgdal package. The
former is simpler but is only for transforming  a matrix of
coordinates from or to longitude / latitude, and no datum
transformation is possible. The latter can transform Spatial* objects
arbitrarily from or or to any PROJ.4 coordinate system and includes
datum transformations.