[R-sig-Geo] R / ArcGIS

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue May 8 19:23:30 CEST 2012

On Tue, 8 May 2012, Anthony Fischbach wrote:

> Rodger,
> can you direct us to more on the forthcoming improvements to RODBC in R
> 2.15.0?
> I have found RODBC useful for integrating tabular data from ArcGIS
> compatable .mdb files, but found the handling of date time fields
> problematic.

If you are referring to using readOGR() in rgdal on Windows with the CRAN
Windows binary package, then I believe that it now contains a working Pgeo
driver (thanks to Prof. Brian Ripley). I do not know if the use of ODBC
there treats date time fields more gracefully than RODBC. I have no sample
files from which to judge, I'm afraid.

Roger