[R-sig-Geo] Managing layer Nas in occurrences

Agus Camacho agus.camacho at gmail.com
Tue May 8 17:13:05 CEST 2012

Dear all,

When dealing with some occurrences, I found some unexplicable Nas.
The map attached comes from nothern south america. Red dots are the
problematic occurences (=without climatic layer data) and the fine ones are
green.
It looks to me like there is some mismatching between the occurrences, the
map and the layers. However, I dont know how to solve it and I am afraid of
future problems like this for other occurences next to the coast.
Maybe should I use another coastline database and use the value of the
nearest raster cell containing data?

Any hint about this problem would be appreciated.

The code used to generate the map and dot was:
plot(wrld_simpl, xlim=c(min(x$Longitude), max(x$Longitude)),
ylim=c(min(x$Latitude), max(x$Latitude)),
axes=TRUE,col='light yellow')
box()
points(fine, col='green', pch=20, cex=0.75)
points(problems, col='red', pch=20, cex=0.75)

Thanks in advance.
Agus
--
Agustín Camacho Guerrero.