[R-sig-Geo] a world type mapping question

Jose M Molina jmolina9 at jhu.edu
Fri Mar 30 17:37:10 CEST 2012

Hi R-Sig-Geo  friends,

I have climatic data sets generated with R, and As Erin, I also need to
plot spatial attributes (e.g. monthly rainfall), but at a country-level.
In addition, I need also to plot spatial variability (e.g. isolines of
mean annual precipitation) in the specified country.
I am exploring now {rworldmap}, but it seems this is not possible.
{PlotGoogleMaps} offers a very nice option, although I am struggling
still with generating spatial interpolation for the isolines.

I appreciate tour comments/suggestions.

Jose