[R-sig-Geo] bubble maps for Italian cities

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Fri Mar 23 13:10:01 CET 2012

Annamaria,

library(sp)
xy =
SpatialPointsDataFrame(SpatialPoints(expand.grid(x=1:10,y=1:10)),data.frame(z=1:100))
plot(xy, cex = xy$z/mean(xy$z), col = grey(.8*xy$z/max(xy$z)), pch=16)

#or

spplot(xy, cex = xy$z/mean(xy$z), col.regions = grey(.8*xy$z/max(xy$z)))

both plot bubbles (filled circles) with different size and different colour.