[R-sig-Geo] Estimating extended SDM (different weight matrix for independent and dependent variables)

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Mar 20 20:29:29 CET 2012

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012, Roosbeh Nowrouzian wrote:

> Hello:
> I an trying  fit a different version of Spatial Durbin Model (SDM) model in
> R. My question is is it possible to define 2 different weighting matrix in
> models specification of SDM. So in the model specification instead of y =
> ?Wy + ?? + X ? + W X ? + ?, we specify model as  * **y = ?W1y + ?? + X ? +
> W2 X ? + ?*  . Is there a way to estimate such a model in R?

Yes, by fitting a lag model on the covariates and their manually
constructed lags - use the lag method for listw objects ?lag.listw to
apply the W2 listw object to your X variables, usually omitting the
intercept.

The impact methods may however need attention, so you would have to
re-read LeSage & Pace (2009) very carefully before trying to interpret any
results.

Hope this helps,

Roger

> Thanks in advance for your help and consideration.
>
> Roosbeh Nowrouzian
>
> PhD student
>
> Department of Civil and Coastal Engineering
>
> University of Florida
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 95 43
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no