[R-sig-Geo] Fwd: Re: Conversion of a SpatialPolygonsDataFrame into a ESRI file

Joona Lehtomäki joona.lehtomaki at cs.helsinki.fi
Tue Mar 20 14:00:09 CET 2012

Hi Cristina,

Which version of ArcGIS are you using? The dbf-format is notorious for
mangling the field names longer than 10 characters. I can't imagine how
this might prevent the attribute table from showing, but you never know.

In ArcGIS, you could just try exporting the shapefile into a new file
(shapefile or geodatabase feature layer) and see if the new file behaves
better.

Joona