[R-sig-Geo] GWR: set initial bandwidth value for gwr.sel()

Burton Shank burtonshank at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 21:15:10 CET 2012

Is there a way to set the initial bandwidth for gwr.sel() when doing
geographically weighted regression?

It looks like gwr.sel() calls optimize() which accepts a min/max range
for parameters but not an initial value. I'd rather not constrain the
bandwidth. However, I often send different subsets of the same dataset
to gwr.sel and would like to speed up the optimization process by
passing a value from the last call to the function.

Solutions?

thanks,

Burton Shank