[R-sig-Geo] Population weighted Centroids?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 6 09:02:02 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM, Zia Ahmed <zua3 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Is there anyway to calculate population weighted centroids of a spatial
> polygon   in R? Any idea will be appreciated. Thanks

 Some more clues would be appreciated! What's your data? A set of
points representing cities with populations and an additional set of
polygons? Or a raster population density and a set of polygons? Or
something else?

 Either way it can be done, but unless you tell us more precisely what
your problem is we'll all be wasting our time!

Barry