[R-sig-Geo] Rgdal on Mac OSx

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Jun 23 14:36:43 CEST 2012

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012, Ralf Schäfer wrote:

> Dear Brad,
> have you tried to install rgdal from CRAN extras?
>
> setRepositories(ind=1:2)
> install.packages("rgdal")

Or even, thanks to Simon Urbanek, from CRAN or your preferred CRAN mirror
(since early this morning CEST)? Simon has very generously provided
facilities for building within CRAN, so that we hope that we will be able
to retire the CRAN Extras binaries once we are sure that things function
as they should.

For OSX users needing drivers not provided in the CRAN build, the option
of using the Kyngchaos frameworks remains; the CRAN binary is statically
linked and self-contained, but has effectively only a similar set of
drivers to the CRAN Windows binary package.

Roger